Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 2: Log Cabin Pretzel House

This year we decided to try something different after many years of failed gingerbread houses. We saw this cute log cabin house on Pinterest and decided to make it! So, we gathered pretzel rods, pretzel sticks, candies to go on it, icing, and a hot glue gun.... Yes a hot glue gun like I said before many failed gingerbread houses so we used a hot glue gun to attach the pieces. I started with the front of the house. I glued the rods together and let them cool before I cut out the window and the area for the door. It's easier to have the pretzels glued together to cut. I used the thinner sticks to make the top part of the house. It was easier then making the front. I didn't add any windows to the sides because my daughter, Khloe was ready to decorate. I used six rods on the front and sides. You can make them any size you want tho. The roof was just a lot of glue. I may have overkilled it with the hot glue but the beauty of it is you can cover it with frosting. After it was set I let Khloe go crazy decorating she had fun making and eating the frosting and toppings. :) this will definetly be our go to house for the holidays it's cute and way easier then a gingerbread house. It is still standing in one piece in our kitchen on display!!! I look forward to posting more of our crafts and fun things we do. And keeping close with my best friend! ;) 










No comments:

Post a Comment